Equinox Portal at Atlanta Utility Works
We’re excited to be returning to Atlanta Utility Works to celebrate our collective entry into Autumn! Join us as Co-Founders Scott Houston & Maya Lemberg bring you another unforgettable Ecstatic Dance experience alongside talented Sound Healers AJ Nocito, Alexa Shackleford, Metabear, & Rachel Domingo + more collaborators TBA!
WHAT WE DO
We offer a 2-hour, guided musical journey meant to be experienced in its entirety. The music is meticulously curated by resident DJ & Co-Founder – Scott Houston – alongside talented percussionists & sound-healers – generally not limited to only one genre.
You can expect a culturally-diverse blend of electronic and acoustic sounds, skillfully attuned to the energy of the group. Beginning with an opening meditation and moving into deeper, slower sounds, the bpm & energy peaks in the middle, and is finally brought back down, closing with meditative sound healing and a gratitude circle. We invite you to gift yourself the complete experience from start to finish.
Atlanta Utility Works
2903 RN Martin St # R, East Point, GA 30344
- 11:45a – Arrival
- 12:00p – Embodied Warm-Up TBA
- 12:30p – Orientation & Guidelines
- 12:35p – Opening Meditation
- 12:45p – Ecstatic Dance
- 2:30p – Acoustic Sound Bath
- 2:50p – Closing Meditation
- BE PRESENT
- ie. No phones on the dance floor: We aim to have the dance space just for dancing. If you want to take consensual video/photos, please be on the outside of the dance space.
- ie. No talking on the dance floor: To keep people in their own process, please refrain from conversations in the dance space. Feel free to go to the periphery of the space to verbally connect with others.
- BE CLEAR
- ie. We are Substance-free: No drugs or alcohol in the event space.
- BE CONSENSUAL
- ie. We value Consent: Please get permission before involving others in your dance, or in your pictures & videos.
There will be ample, gated parking in the gravel lot of the property.
- Bring your own FULL water bottle to stay hydrated with during the dance!
- Free Ionized Water will be provided by Vital Vessel throughout the event!
- Please do your best to purchase tickets in advance to cut down on the time it takes to register at the event.
- No refunds available for ticket purchases.
FIRST TIME HERE? →
FIRST TIME HERE? ↓
WHAT WE DO
A free-form movement experience where bodies of all kinds, colors & creeds are welcomed.
No phones, no photos and no talking in the dance space.
We value consent: Please get permission before involving others in your dance.
We are substance-free: No drugs or alcohol in the event space.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Ecstatic Dance?
Ecstatic Dance is a freeform movement journey, held in a safe & sacred container. Most dances are facilitated by a trained DJ specifically chosen for their ability to curate an experience designed to help you move. Through Ecstatic Dance you will find a communal opportunity to connect more deeply with your body and self-expression.
Do I need to know how to dance in order to participate?
Absolutely no dance experience is necessary! In this regard, Sol Dance (and generally any other kind of “Ecstatic Dance” event) becomes the perfect outlet for those who think they “can’t dance”.
We encourage participants to give themselves full permission to be themselves – move how you want to move in every given moment, feel how you feel, etc. There is no way to get it wrong (but please be consensual with others).
Wait... Is this a party?
Believe it or not, Sol Dance is NOT a party. That isn’t to say we don’t have a lot of fun doing what we do, but what we offer is more than a party. First off, Sol Dance is a substance-free environment. We get high off of the music, dance, and communal experience. Moreover, Sol Dance provides an opportunity to go deep within yourself and be physically moved by your body and inner wisdom. While this is also a community event, you can choose for it to be an intimately personal process.
What kind of music can I expect?
With sounds ranging from: soulful, worldly, eclectic, deep, serene, and funky, you can expect a dynamic sonic arrangement from our resident DJs. You can listen to some examples here.
Can I arrive anytime?
Can I just come and watch?
We highly encourage 100% of your embodied participation as this is a movement-based experience. That being said, If you would like to stay on a blanket, yoga mat, or even the grass before you feel called to move your body – that’s totally fine!
How can I prepare?
Wearing anything that allows you to move comfortably.
Wearing shoes is optional (for outdoor events only!)
Bringing a full water bottle.
Bringing a mat or blanket to sit on the ground or in the grass (for outdoor events!)
Utilizing sun-protection ie. hats, sun glasses, or lotion!
Make sure to bring an open mind & heart!
Can I bring my kids?
Yes! We welcome people of all ages! Our community loves when children are present! Bring the whole family.